If you're looking for a powerful tool to help you track user behavior on your website or app, then you have probably heard of Smartlook and FullStory. These are two of the most popular tools for website behavioral tracking, but which one is right for you? In this post, we will compare Smartlook vs. FullStory in terms of features, pricing, and ease of use. We will also discuss some alternative options if you decide neither of these tools is right for your use case.
What Is Smartlook?
Smartlook is a user behaviour monitoring tool that allows you to track how users interact with your product or website and provides valuable insights that can help you improve your UI and UX.
What Is FullStory?
FullStory is a customer experience optimization tool that allows businesses to see how customers interact with their website or app. It provides valuable insights that can help companies to improve customer experience, identify issues, and increase conversions.
Feature comparison: Smartlook vs FullStory
While FullStory offers more customer experience and analytics features, Smartlook focuses more on customer support.
Some of the main features of Smartlook include:
- Funnels: This feature allows businesses to see when and where users exit the site, which can help to figure out where there may be issues in the customer journey.
- Session recording: For businesses that want to see how customers are using and interacting with their website, session recordings are a great way to see that. They can be used to identify issues that customers are having and work on solutions.
- Automatic insights: Smartlook also provides businesses with automatic insights based on customer behavior data. This can be used to improve the customer experience and website design.
Some of the main features of the FullStory application include:
- Session Replay: Similar to Smartlook's session recording feature, FullStory's Session Replay allows businesses to see how customers are interacting with their website. This can be used to identify issues and improve the customer experience.
- Product analytics: Unlike Smartlook, FullStory offers a full analytics suite that businesses can use to track customer behavior and engagement, including user segments, journey mapping, frustration signals, and conversion stats.
- Mobile capabilities: Something unique about FullStory is that it offers mobile capabilities, which allow businesses to track customer behavior on their mobile devices, making it easy to access data on the go.
Pricing comparison: Smartlook vs Fullstory
There are a variety of plans to choose from with Smartlook, including a 10-day trial which allows users to explore all of the features before committing to a paid plan. The paid plans start at $39 per month and go up to $111 per month, depending on the features and number of users businesses need.
On the other hand, FullStory only offers customized plans for enterprises and businesses. While their pricing isn't disclosed online, sources have reported that the lowest-priced package is around $299 per month. Similar to Smartlook, FullStory does offer a 14-day free trial to try out the entire platform.
When it comes to pricing, Smartlook is the clear winner for small businesses and startups. However, for enterprises or companies looking for a more comprehensive suite of features, FullStory may be worth the investment.
Having the ability to integrate your software with programs you already use is important for any business. After all, no one wants to have to learn an entirely new system when they already have a process in place.
Smartlook integrates with a variety of popular applications such as Intercom, WordPress, Wix, Instapage, Squarespace, Mixpanel, Opencart, Weebly, Zendesk Support, Google Analytics, Shopify, and more.
FullStory also offers integrations with popular applications such as Google Analytics, Segment, Mixpanel, Heap, Hotjar, and more. FullStory is even able to customize the platform to include any other programs you may already be using.
When it comes to integrations, Smartlook and FullStory are neck and neck. They both offer a wide variety of integrations with popular applications that businesses are already using.
Smartlook is an ideal solution for businesses that need a simple yet powerful tool to track user behavior and improve customer support.
The application is easy to use and provides valuable insights that can help businesses improve their website design and customer experience.
With its simplistic software, it's a great beginner tool for those just getting started with user tracking. For small businesses and startups, Smartlook's affordable pricing makes it a great option.
FullStory is an ideal solution for businesses that need an all-in-one platform to track user behavior, improve customer experience, and increase conversions.
The application offers a wide range of features that can be customized to fit the needs of any business. FullStory is an excellent option for companies that are looking for a more comprehensive solution.
Rating comparison: Smartlook vs Fullstory
Given the fact that Smartlook has over three times the number of reviews as Fullstory though, it comes out on top at least by this measure.
Most Smartlook reviews mention its superior filtering abilities and rage click detection feature. On the negative side, some people did point out that it can be buggy and that it has limited functionality around behaviour flows and detailed user profiles.
When it comes to Fullstory, here are a few things people have pointed to as being big plusses: comprehensive quantitative user behaviour data, filtering and easy lookup, and a clean UI. As far as the cons, some people deducted points for a poor customer service experience, opaque pricing and some bugs.
Alternative To Smartlook And Fullstory: Fullview
If neither platform is quite right for your business, there is another option to consider — Fullview. Fullview is a user experience platform that helps technical support teams provide end-to-end support for level 2 & 3 requests with features like cobrowsing, session replays and console logs.
With so many unique features, it's never been easier to help SaaS businesses diagnose customer issues and resolve them quickly, improving metrics like CSAT in the process.
Some of the main features of Fullview include:
- Fullview Replays: Fullview Replays make it easy to diagnose bugs and issues in context by viewing recordings of user sessions in your product. Instead of waiting for customers to contact your business with an issue, this allows customer support offer proactive support and reach out to users who are having trouble with your product before they have a chance to become frustrated. Fullview also has robust filtering and segmentation with custom tags and views so agents don't spend hours looking for particular replays. All they have to do is tag a replay that they want to review at a later date and then sort by that tag to find it easily and quickly. You can even assign sessions to someone else — for example, if the support request is technical and you need a developer to take over.
- Fullview Console: With Fullview Console, painful troubleshooting is a thing of the past. Teams can now quickly and easily identify issues as they happen with real-time console information including errors, warnings and user steps, making it easy to recreate issues and find solutions.
- Fullview Live: Fullview Live makes it easy to co-browse with your customers and provide fast and efficient real-time support for particularly complex tickets. This is the ideal solution for businesses that want to provide immediate support to their customers.
Wrapping things up
Choosing the right software for your business can be a tough decision. With so many options on the market, it's essential to take the time to evaluate each platform and see which one is the best fit for your needs. Smartlook and FullStory are two great options for businesses that need to track user behavior and improve customer experience. However, if neither platform quite fits the needs of your business, Fullview is another excellent option to consider — especially if you are on the hunt for an end-to-end technical support solution for cobrowsing, session replays and console logs.