Around 28% of adults are online “almost consistently” compared to other daily activities. From streaming video to shopping for new shoes, consumers are connected in ways that would have been considered science fiction decades ago.
Why does this matter? Learning how your customers' behavior interrelate with your website and digital offerings is crucial to growth. Some solid DXI (digital experience intelligence) platforms designed to inform you of those behaviors include CrazyEgg and FullStory.
Let’s take a look at CrazyEgg vs FullStory in detail so you can find the best fit DXI platform for your unique needs.
What is CrazyEgg?
CrazyEgg is all about giving you insights via analytics from tracking and optimizing the various visitor behaviors on your website. It uses everything from heatmaps to scroll maps and user recordings, so you understand how potential visitors interact with your site’s features. The more you know, the better you can personalize and tailor these services for better customer satisfaction.
What is FullStory?
Similar to CrazyEgg, FullStory seeks to give you an analysis of how your visitors interact with your website so you can optimize the overall customer experience. This DXI platform is more popular with product managers as it tracks how visitors move through websites (i.e., e-commerce sites with many page resources).
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: features comparison
While both CrazyEgg and FullStory provide a wealth of features that organically lead to beneficial insights, you tend to see different purposes with the DXI platforms. For example, CrazyEgg is a little better at testing what works better for your website compared to others. FullStory relies more on recording how your customers interact during session replays or actions.
- Heatmaps: Strong visual measurements of the actions, rage clicks, and interactions from your consumers with your website/page.
- A/B Testing: Trying out different models or formats of your web pages to see which works better.
- Behavior tracking: Everything from tracking mouse movement, eye engagement, and frustration with different elements.
- Session Recordings: Allows you to investigate your visitors' actions as they navigate through your site.
- Session Replay: Records and replays user sessions to understand holistic interactions and proactively resolve issues.
- Auto-generated user sentiment: Deep analysis of your various customer journeys to understand conversion roadblocks.
- Easy integration: Seamlessly integrates with leading tech stacks for ease of use.
- Mobile app: View your various reports and insights from anywhere worldwide.
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: use case comparison
CrazyEgg shines for companies in the SaaS industry looking to optimize heatmaps and geolocation tags for various landing pages, and user flows through funnels.
In contrast, FullStory is the better option for any B2C/B2B companies using deep websites with many pages but a smaller company size.
CrazyEgg Use Cases
- Focuses more on the website-to-customer overall experience.
- A/B testing to evaluate the effectiveness of page changes.
- Has large-scale clients like Dell, Etsy, Intuit, and CNet.
FullStory use cases
- Better for session replays with customer journeys over a larger scale site.
- Great for enhancing checkout processes and lead conversions.
- Used by “experience-focused” companies like Fidelity, jetBlue, PandaDoc, and more.
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: user reviews comparison
You want to look closely at user reviews whenever you compare two products or more, especially in the DXI platform sector. In this section, we’ll detail how CrazyEgg pairs up with FullStory based on the user reviews collected from G2. Both have enough responses to gain a good understanding of their pros, cons, and usability.
CrazyEgg user reviews and rating
CrazyEgg has a 4.2 out of 5-star rating on G2 from over 106 reviews. Here are some of the positive feedback users have reported:
- “Easy to integrate with cool features outside of heatmaps and A/B testing.”
- “The heat maps are awesome to understand users’ behavior.”
- “The analytics from snapshot is fantastic!”
Conversely, there are some negative points to consider:
- “Filters on snapshots are limited to date and device.”
- “Feels like getting simple results takes a lot of time.”
FullStory user reviews and rating
FullStory enjoys a 4.5 out of 5-star rating on G2 from over 355 reviews. Some of the positive insights include:
- “Easy to view user sessions.”
- “I like how FullStory integrates with other tools I use.”
- “FullStory captures a lot of data, such as network requests, browser consoles, etc.”
However, some negative reviews include:
- “Search function is very confusing.”
- “It is quite expensive compared to other similar tools.”
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: Pricing Comparison
CrazyEgg offers a Standard plan at $9/month but with limited features and more expensive paid plans. FullStory does not have a free plan and hides its pricing behind demo requests, which makes it hard to find an exact price. From the reviews we’ve read, it appears to be on the higher side compared to CrazyEgg.
- Standard Plan: $49/month with unlimited surveys, responses, websites, and A/B tests, but only 75,000 tracked pageviews per month.
- Plus Plan: $99/month with the same benefits as Standard, but up to 150,000 tracked pageviews.
- Enterprise Plan: Everything is unlimited, but pricing is by quote only.
- Business Plan: Works well with mobile analytics, session replays, and core product analysis.
- Advanced Plan: Add on automated journey mapping and conversion/retention analytics.
- Enterprise Plan: All the features, including multi-org management and premium support.
- All plans are by quote, but a demo and a free 14-day trial for the Business plan are available.
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: deployment comparison
CrazyEgg is known for its ease of deployment that doesn’t require a lot of resources or training to accomplish. FullStory has more integrations and advanced options that may require a little more time to get going but result in more significant insights for page-heavy websites.
It takes about 5 minutes to deploy by cutting and pasting a tracking script, using the native integrations, or emailing a developer for more complex installations on Shopify, Drupal, or WordPress.
Like CrazyEgg, you can simply install a script onto your website's <HEAD> section. However, the advanced segmentation can result in extended installation as you may want Site A differentiated from Site B, or different accounts for each website.
CrazyEgg vs FullStory: integrations comparison
Regarding integrations, both DXI platforms will work across most e-commerce resources. There are some minor differences, but because they are based on scripts instead of software suites, it doesn’t take much to ensure the reports generated appear on your chosen platform.
That includes options like WordPress, Wix, Google Tags, Shopify, Unbounce, Zapier, Drupal, Squarespace, Magento (1 and 2), HubSpot, Joomla, BigCommerce, and more.
That being said, FullStory has a vibrant integration search resource. That works with everything from Jira Software to Google Big Query.
Alternative to CrazyEgg & FullStory: Fullview
- Fullview stands as a highly desirable alternative, providing the best session replay options for customer support, product and UI/UX teams.
- It is 100% GDPR-compliant, offering robust features without compromising user privacy.
- Automatically detect console warnings, errors, or signs of user frustration like rage clicks.
- Fully supports cobrowsing without downloading resource-heavy applications that make support, troubleshooting, and bugs much easier to manage – a feature neither Hotjar nor LuckyOrange has.
- Easy to start with a forever free plan giving access to 4 cobrowsing calls a month and 1,000 session replays.
- Paid plans start at only $49/seat for cobrowsing and $79/month for 10,000+ session replays.
- It is easy to pick up on customer issues due to unique identities that support teams can proactively track.
- Beneficial live and historical session view to learn from customer experiences.
Both CrazyEgg and FullStory offer unique advantages depending on your business needs. You can also look at Hotjar or FullStory vs LogRocket for additional options, but we strongly encourage you to check out Fullview.
This option presents itself as a compelling alternative, especially for companies prioritizing live customer interaction and support with feature-rich options that are 100% GDPR compliant.
Cobrowsing through Fullview is a fantastic way to ensure customers don’t have to download additional software, but still get the quality service needed to improve their satisfaction scores. Take that into account as you explore your DXI platform options.
- Bondcap – Internet Trends 2019
- CrazyEgg Homepage
- FullStory Homepage
- G2 – CrazyEgg Review
- G2 – FullStory Review
Sources last checked on date: 9-Nov-2023