Session replay tools are crucial for understanding user interactions on websites and apps. They help businesses identify usability issues, enhance conversion rates, and improve user experience.
Today, we’ll compare Inspectlet vs FullStory to help you find the best session replay software for your business.
What is Inspectlet?
Inspectlet is a platform for session recording and analytics. It captures user activities like mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and form interactions on websites and apps.
Inspectlet helps businesses enhance user experience, boost conversions, and cut customer service costs. It's valuable for understanding customer needs.
What is FullStory?
FullStory is a digital experience intelligence (DXI) platform. It records and indexes every user session on websites and apps, allowing businesses to replay sessions and analyze data like mouse movements, clicks, and keystrokes.
This data enables teams to pinpoint user journey pain points, optimize website design, and improve user satisfaction.
Inspectlet vs FullStory: Features comparison
Both platforms have similar features, but FullStory offers more extensive insights, robust analytics, and a native mobile app. Inspectlet's session replays are lower resolution, and it may have issues like site crashes during long sessions.
- Session recordings: Inspectlet records user interactions, tracking moves, clicks, and keystrokes. It helps identify rage clicks and pain points and allows filtering by categories for enhanced analysis.
- Dynamic heatmaps: Inspectlet also provides dynamic heatmaps, showing user engagement on your site or app. These heatmaps highlight active areas, user preferences, and areas needing improvement.
- Error logs: Discover user issues by analyzing error logs. This helps quickly identify and fix technical problems, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- Session recordings: FullStory captures detailed user sessions for replay, including mouse movements, clicks, and keystrokes. Its funnel analysis and heatmaps help pinpoint issues precisely.
- Real-time dashboards: FullStory offers real-time dashboards showing key metrics like conversion rates, session durations, and error rates. This gives immediate insights into user behavior for data-driven decisions.
- Integration: FullStory seamlessly integrates with existing marketing, analytics, and customer service tools to provide a comprehensive view of customer behavior. This also includes customer data platform (CDP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
Inspectlet vs FullStory: Use case comparison
When choosing between Inspectlet vs FullStory, consider which suits your needs more.
Inspectlet specializes in news and media, while FullStory serves a wider range of industries like finance, tech, consumer services, and food & drink.
- Inspectlet's session recordings and heatmaps can reveal how users navigate news articles, identify areas of interest, and gauge engagement levels
- This information can inform editorial decisions, improve content presentation, and optimize news delivery for a more engaging user experience
- Its prices are ideal for companies with less than 100,000 viewers every month
- FullStory's integration allows for A/B testing capabilities which lets e-commerce businesses test different versions of product pages, checkout processes, and shopping cart designs to identify the most effective variations that drive higher conversion rates
- Its high prices make it more suited for large companies
Inspectlet vs FullStory: User reviews comparison
Like we did with FullStory vs LogRocket, let us delve into user reviews for a better idea about Inspectlet vs FullStory. While FullStory has higher ratings and reviews on platforms like G2, Inspectlet still stands out for its ease of use and affordability.
It has 4.2/5 stars with 25 reviews on G2. Some positive feedback includes:
- It has straightforward tools and a very easy-to-use interface
- It visualizes customer interests in a much more objective way
- It’s easy to learn
Some negative feedback includes:
- It’s hard to customize
- It’s not good at real-time session analysis
FullStory has 358 ratings, with an average of 4.5/5 stars on G2.
Some of its positive reviews mention:
- It has a comprehensive set of flexible features like rage click, error click, and dead click identification
- Makes the identification of errors easier
Some of its negative reviews mention that it:
- Is quite pricey compared to other session replay apps
- Stores data for a limited amount of time, depending on the plan
Inspectlet vs FullStory: Pricing comparison
While both Inspectlet vs FullStory offer free trials, FullStory is more expensive compared to Inspectlet.
Inspectlet's free plan offers 2,500 monthly sessions with a week of storage. They have startup ($79/month) and enterprise ($499/month) plans, and custom pricing for larger needs.
FullStory provides a 14-day free trial with up to 5,000 sessions and two weeks of replay. Their three paid plans are Business, Advanced, and Enterprise. Prices aren't listed on their website, but external sources suggest they can reach up to $899/month.
Inspectlet vs FullStory: Deployment comparison
Inspectlet vs FullStory are both pretty similar in terms of deployment. Both tools offer a straightforward setup process that can be completed in a matter of minutes.
Inspectlet vs FullStory: Integrations comparison
Let’s delve into the integrations offered by Inspectlet and FullStory. FullStory is notable for its extensive integrations, including seamless compatibility with platforms like Google Analytics and Salesforce.
Inspectlet supports integrations with various tools such as HubSpot, Squarespace, Google Tag Manager, Shopify, and RequireJS. It can, for instance, integrate with HubSpot to monitor user interactions with marketing campaigns.
FullStory excels with a wide range of integrations including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Squarespace, Google Tag Manager, Shopify, Zendesk, Intercom, Segment, Workato, Unbounce, and Invoca.
Alternative to Inspectlet vs FullStory: Fullview
Fullview stands out among session replay tools by offering best-in-class replays and a unique cobrowsing feature that isn’t available in most session replay apps.
- Fullview’s session replays are 100% GDPR compliant. Sensitive data automatically is blurred out with additional privacy controls.
- Console errors, rage clicks and other moments of interest are highlighted on the timeline when you’re watching a replay, so you can skip directly to them.
- You can see relevant console logs related to a user’s network, device, and browser information, along with technical details of any errors or bugs encountered when you’re watching a session replay.
- Cobrowsing allows support agents to initiate zero-download one-click screen control calls with users to guide them live in your app and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Fullview provides access to both past and live sessions, with no sampling.
- Unlike many anonymizing session replay tools, Fullview preserves customer identity. This enables support teams to pinpoint and reach out to users experiencing difficulties.
- Fullview's free plan includes up to four cobrowsing calls and 1000 monthly session replays.
- Its paid plans start at $49/seat for cobrowsing and $79 monthly for session replays (10,000+ replays), offering a range of options to suit diverse needs.
- You can implement it with minimal effort and no downloads, ensuring a seamless setup process.
Wrapping things up
While Inspectlet vs Fullstory both provide session replay capabilities, none is as comprehensive as Fullview.
Fullview is suitable for businesses of all sizes, focusing on improving user experience and solving customer issues. It stands out among session replay tools with cobrowsing, comprehensive recording, advanced filtering, and GDPR compliance.
Sources last checked on: 30-Nov-2023