Did you know that 89% of consumers have switched to working with a competitor after a poor customer experience?
When a customer reaches out for assistance, it is essential that your customer support team is armed with the right tools for success. That's where quality assurance comes in.
Quality assurance (QA) is critical for teams that provide customer support and develop software products. With the right QA tools, these teams can ensure that their products are performing optimally and customers are getting the best service possible.
If your business has never invested in a QA tool before, it can be challenging to know where to start. This article will help you evaluate the different types of QA tools available, give tips on how to choose the right one for your customer support team, and provide a list of top-rated QA tools in the market today so your team can start tracking and improving their customer service.
What is QA in customer support?
In customer support, quality assurance refers to the process of assessing the quality of the support provided. While typically, customer service teams track metrics such as average resolution time, first contact resolution rate, and customer satisfaction score, they don't provide a complete picture of the quality of the support provided. QA tools can help you fill in the gaps and gain more insights into the quality of your team's support.
When it comes to product development on the other hand, QA tools provide product analytics and error reports so you can ensure that bugs and other issues don't go unnoticed. Tools like Fullview allow you to set custom notifications so you're never left in the dark about things that affect the performance of your software platform.
Which areas are covered by QA tools?
QA tools can cover a variety of areas, including:
- Scorecards: Scorecards help QA managers assess customer service reps' performance, allowing them to identify areas of improvement and track progress over time.
- Survey integration: Surveys can be integrated into the QA process to gain deeper insights from customers about their experience with the support team.
- Analytics on agent activity: QA tools can track agents' activity, including how long it takes an agent to respond and the length of time the conversation continues for. This data allows QA managers to spot trends in customer interactions and make adjustments as needed.
- Product analytics: QA tools aggregate product analytics and give product teams and developers insights into bugs and other issues.
By using these tools, you can get a better understanding of how your team is performing and where there is room for improvement. It's important to note that, when it comes to customer support, quality assurance is not only at the agent level — it should be measured for both individual agents and for the team's output as a whole. This will give you a more holistic view of your team's performance and allow you to identify any bottlenecks in your process.
In customer support, QA should be done both at the agent and the team level.
Do I need quality assurance tools?
If you're looking to improve your customer service and build the best products, then investing in QA tools is the way to go. They can give you insights into how well your team is performing and help you identify areas of improvement in your product.
They also provide data that can be used to measure progress over time, helping you ensure that your customer support team is always providing the best experience possible and your product development is on the right track.
In a world where only the most innovative and customer-focused companies will succeed, it's essential that customer support teams are equipped with the right tools for success. Investing in a QA tool can help you improve the quality of your customer service, build trust with customers, and ensure your product is the best it can be.
Top 6 best tools to help with QA
Now that you know what to look for in a quality assurance tool, it's time to find the best one for your customer service team. Here are 6 of the highest-rated QA tools on the market today:
- Score Buddy
Fullview is a great solution for those who want qualitative QA data. It makes it easy to spot what user and product issues are most likely to arise and how they're solved by leveraging session replays to auto-record and watch user sessions to spot problems and user behavior. It also has live cobrowsing calls, which customer support agents can utilize to help their customers quickly solve issues. These calls are also recorded, so support managers and product teams can watch them to gain an insight into how effective their customer support agents and processes are.
- Session replays: Product teams that use Fullview have reported that the platform has helped them spot hundreds of bugs they would have missed otherwise.
- Cobrowsing: Cobrowsing helps support agents solve customer support issues that are difficult to resolve over chat. With Fullview, all these calls are automatically recorded so support managers can review them for employee training purposes.
- Console logs: If you've spotted a bug or issue during a session replay or cobrowsing call, you can refer to Fullview's console log panel (the portion on the right in the picture above) to see exactly what caused the issue without having to ask your customer for an explanation or to inspect an element.
- 100% GDPR compliant: Fullview automatically blurs GDPR-sensitive information and is based in the EU, meaning all data is stored on EU servers. In addition to auto-blurring, Fullview also has additional data censoring options that you can customize to suit your needs and stay compliant.
- Easy to install: Fullview is easy to install and lightweight. Copy pasting the few lines of code it requires takes no more than 15 minutes and it is completely invisible to your end users.
- Qualitative and quantitative data: Fullview gives you better insight into user behavior because you get both qualitative (session replays) and quantitative (visual aggregations) data about user behavior.
- Free plan: Fullview has a forever free plan so you can try it without any commitment.
- Only for web apps: Fullview does not work on websites and is best suited to SaaS web apps.
Fullview has a forever free plan with access to 1000 session replays a month and 4 cobrowsing calls per user per month. Fullview's pro plans start at $71 for session replays (which includes 10,000 replays a month) and $39 per user per month for cobrowsing (which gives you access to unlimited cobrowsing calls).
Fullview has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on G2. Users praise the ability to quickly identify bugs by watching session replays (Fullview automatically flags user sessions where bugs, issues and signs of user frustration— like rage clicks — occurred). Users also love the cobrowsing and real-time chat that Fullview offers for live support.
The negatives mentioned are that the pro plan can be pricey depending on how many web app sessions you typically get in a month, but Fullview does offer custom pricing for enterprise use cases and/or large volumes of web app sessions.
Klaus is one of the most popular QA tools available for customer support, and it offers a wide range of features to help your customer service team excel. Some of the top features of the Klaus app include the following:
- 360-degree feedback: Klaus allows you to combine internal quality reviews (IQS) with customer feedback (CSAT) for a full picture of how your team is performing. This allows your team to get real-time insights into customer experience and adjust accordingly.
- AI quality assurance: With Klaus, teams can use AI to automatically measure customer service performance in real time, enabling teams to quickly identify areas of improvement and take action.
- Coaching and learning abilities: The platform also offers coaching and learning capabilities to help your customer service team develop the skills they need to provide better service. With real-time feedback and guidance, your team can become more efficient and effective quickly.
Klaus has three plans: growth suite, AI suite and enterprise suite. However, it doesn't disclose any pricing information on its website, so you'll have to get in touch with them for that information.
Playvox is a software platform that helps businesses with quality assurance. It provides a number of features that can help organizations to improve their quality assurance process, including:
- Automated sentiment analysis: Playvox automatically surfaces customer sentiment across all interactions.
- Data-driven insights: Measure customer support KPIs in Playvox to understand what's working — and what isn't.
- Quality management: With Playvox, you can get ahead of product and customer support issues before they negatively impact your CX.
Playvox can also help businesses to save time and money by automating quality assurance tasks that would otherwise be manual and time-consuming. In addition, the platform offers a number of integrations with popular tools, making it easy to integrate into existing workflows. Overall, Playvox is a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes that are looking to improve their quality assurance process.
Much like Klaus, Playvox also requests that you get in touch with them to book a demo and discuss pricing.
MaestroQA is a software testing tool that helps companies automate their quality assurance processes. It does this by providing a platform for managing test cases, running automated tests, and tracking defects. Some of the most popular features of this application include the following:
- Standardization of scorecards: MaestroQA makes it easy to generate standardized scorecards that can be used to measure customer service performance.
- QA Reporting and analytics: The platform also provides detailed analytics and reporting features so you can track customer and agent interactions to identify areas of improvement.
- Coaching culture platform: MaestroQA also offers a coaching culture platform that helps customer service teams develop the skills they need to provide better service.
Unfortunately, Maestro does not list pricing information on its website. You'll have to get in touch to request it.
Scorebuddy QA is a cloud-based quality assurance and testing platform that helps businesses to streamline their quality assurance processes. The platform provides users with tools to create and manage test cases, execute tests, and track results.
Scorebuddy QA also features a comprehensive reporting system that helps users to identify areas of improvement. In addition, the platform offers a wide range of integrations with popular development tools and platforms. While it was primarily used to streamline call center operations, Scorebuddy QA is also used for other customer service operations. Overall, it is a valuable tool for organizations of all sizes that are looking to improve their Quality Assurance processes.
- Scorecards: Scorebuddy allows businesses to create custom scorecards to track QA and agent performance. You can tailor these to suit your needs with a mix of numeric, non-numeric and pass/fail formats.
- Coaching and training: Scorebuddy's learning management system means that training managers can access various learning tools to create agent training content.
- AI analytics: Scorebuddy allows you to leverage AI to analyze every single agent-customer interaction to evaluate things like empathy, tone, and negative language to spot areas of improvement.
Scorebuddy does not list pricing information on its website and you'll have to get in touch for more information about plans.
Evaluagent is a cloud-based call center software that helps businesses to improve their customer service. The software provides a range of features that can be used to assess and monitor call quality, including recording calls, monitoring agent performance, and generating reports.
- Customer feedback: One of the most popular tools on the platform is the ability to increase the quantity and quality of feedback to drive improvement. For example, the software allows users to create customizable surveys and scorecards, which can be used to measure customer satisfaction and identify areas of improvement.
- SmartScore: This feature uses AI to evaluate any agent-customer conversation in seconds, without needing human oversight.
In addition, Evaluagent offers a range of tools that can be used to help agents to improve their skills, such as training resources and coaching. By using Evaluagent, businesses can ensure that their customer service is of the highest quality and that managers are evaluating agent-customer conversations four times faster.
Evaluagent does not list pricing information on its website. You'll have to request a quote on their pricing page.
Wrapping things up
Quality assurance is essential for any customer service team, and it's important to choose the right QA tool for your needs. There are a variety of options available, from Klaus and Playvox to MaestroQA and Fullview. Finding the right one for your business will depend on your particular needs and goals. With the right tool in place, you can be confident that your customer service team will have the insights it needs to provide better service and improve customer satisfaction.