Providing excellent customer support is no longer an afterthought in today's ever-evolving digital landscape. Customers expect fast and efficient support to help them resolve their queries quickly, leaving you with the challenge of finding the best customer live chat platform for your unique needs.
These platforms allow customers to communicate with customer service reps quickly and easily, often through real-time messaging. By integrating live chat platforms, companies are able to provide fast, efficient support that meets the needs of modern customers. Since 90% of customers rate immediate responses as essential or higher when they have a question, this can be a game changer for any customer service team.
So, to help you find the best customer support live chat platform for your business needs in 2024, we cover the best options available today, including their best use cases and features.
Intercom - Best for SaaS companies
Intercom is a popular chatbot service that promises to make customer communication easy for businesses, especially in the software-as-a-Service (SaaS) space. This customer support platform allows companies to engage with customers from within their application, website, or mobile app.
Intercom offers a wide range of features to help businesses communicate with their customers. These include:
- Live chat: Chat with customers in real-time to answer their questions and resolve their issues.
- Automated messages: Send automated messages to engage with customers on your website or app.
- Surveys: Capture customer feedback with surveys and store them for future reference.
- Integrations: Connect Intercom to your existing software stack, such as CRM systems and email marketing platforms. Fullview already integrates with Intercom, giving businesses the best way to augment Intercom's powerful features with cobrowsing and session replays.
Intercom offers a personalized pricing plan based on the needs of your business and the solution you're looking for. So whether your business is looking for personalized help at a larger scale or needs a way to engage and onboard customers, Intercom has a plan for you. For very small businesses, pricing starts at $74 per night.
Intercom has mostly positive reviews, with a 4.4 rating on G2, with users praising its ease of use and robust feature set. However, some users have criticized its high price point and limited integrations. Overall, Intercom is a well-reviewed chatbot service that offers a wide range of features and use cases. But it's important to consider whether its high price point is worth it for your business's needs.
Zendesk - For full-featured customer service
Zendesk is excellent for small businesses that need a full-featured customer service platform but doesn't want to break the bank. It's also good for larger businesses that may have outgrown their current customer service solution and are looking for an upgrade.
Some of the key features of Zendesk include the following:
- Live chat: Chat with customers in real-time on a range of channels, including mobile, web, and social media.
- Ticketing: Automatically generate tickets from emails, live chats, and more so you can better manage customer support inquiries.
- Self-service: Set up an FAQ section for customers to quickly find answers to common questions.
- Integrates with Fullview: Fullview's cobrowsing integration lets customers share their screens with customer service reps so they can help resolve queries quickly, which levels up the customer experience significantly. You can also watch user sessions replays straight from Zendesk with this integration.
Zendesk is very reasonably priced, especially considering all the features it offers. Prices start at $49 per agent, and the most powerful package starts at $215 per agent. They also offer customized plans for larger businesses.
Overall, Zendesk has very positive reviews, with a 4.3 rating on G2. Users love its rich feature set and competitive pricing. Of course, no product is perfect, and there are some negative reviews out there as well. However, the majority of users report being very satisfied with the product.
Dixa - For in-app customer support
Dixa is a customer support software that serves as a widget on an organization's website. This means that instead of picking up the phone or leaving the website to search for an answer in another tab, customers can quickly get the help they need without ever having to leave the page. Some of the best features of Dixa include the following:
- Knowledge Base: Dixa includes a comprehensive knowledge base with the ability to easily search for answers and quickly resolve customer queries.
- Live Chat: Dixa also offers live chat options that can be integrated directly into an organization's website.
- Intelligent Routing: Dixa utilizes intelligent routing technology to ensure that customers are connected with the best available agent in the shortest amount of time.
- Integrations: Boost customer experience with Fullview's integration with Dixa. With Fullview Session Replays which is going to be available soon, an agent can quickly review a user's latest sessions, all while they engage in conversation with their customer. They can also initiate a cobrowsing session with a user straight from Dixa with the Fullview integration.
Dixa offers a variety of plans to best fit your organization's needs, ranging from $39/month for essential features all the way up to $139/ month for their pro plan. Each plan requires a minimum of seven seats, so larger businesses should plan accordingly.
Dixa is rated highly on independent review websites, with customers citing its customer service and reporting features. With a 4.2 rating on G2 Crowd, customers love how versatile the product is and how easy it is to get up and running.
HubSpot - Best free solution
HubSpot can be used for a wide variety of businesses and websites. Whether you're looking to build a simple landing page or use their live chat platform, HubSpot has the tools and features you need to get the job done.
Some of the most popular features include a live chat platform, a drag-and-drop editor, eCommerce integration, contact management, and a CRM integration. Plus, with a Fullview integration coming up soon, you can level up the customer experience by allowing an agent to quickly review a user's latest sessions. Then, after getting context on the support ticket by seeing exactly what their users experienced in-app, they can start a cobrowsing call and screen control to solve complex issues, or they can solve simpler issues via chat. With so many features available, it's no wonder that HubSpot is one of the most popular solutions for customers who need more than just a simple website.
As we mentioned earlier, one of the best things about HubSpot is its free plan. This plan includes all of the basic features you need to get started building your website. If you need more advanced features, such as eCommerce integration or contact management, you can sign up for one of their paid plans. Prices start at $15 per month for the Starter plan and go up to $45 per month for the Enterprise plan.
Overall, HubSpot users are very satisfied with the product, with a 4.4 rating on G2. The majority of reviewers say that HubSpot is easy to use and offers a wide range of features. One reviewer even said, "HubSpot offers everything I need to run my business website without overcomplicating things." However, some users complain about the price of the paid plans and say that they would like to see more features included in the free plan.
Slack - For collaboration and internal communications
Slack is best known for its collaboration and communication tools. With Slack, you can quickly keep track of conversations within your organization or between customers and agents.
Plus, when Fullview's integration with Slack is completed soon, you'll be notified anytime a user experiences an error or bug in your app, so you can reach out to them and resolve the issue immediately.
They can even pick which subset of users to enable these notifications for. For example, maybe agents only want to be notified when an enterprise user or a pro user experiences an issue so they can get to that ticket first if they offer priority support.
Other features that Slack offers include group conversations, audio and video calls, file sharing, and integration with other applications.
Slack offers a free plan which is best suited for small teams who just want to get started. Prices start at $7.25 per user per month for the Standard Plan and go up to $12.50 per user per month.
Slack has a 4.5 rating on G2. Most users are happy with the product, although some reviewers do complain that it can be difficult to learn how to use it and find the best feature for their needs. However, most users agree that the product is worth the cost and provides an easy way to collaborate with teammates or customers.
When it comes to finding the best customer support software for your business, it's important to consider which features better suit your needs. All five options we've discussed have their pros and cons, but each one can provide you with the tools you need to quickly identify user issues and solve them in a timely manner. Plus, with Fullview's integrations with each of the platforms, it's never been easier to get started with best-in-class support chat solutions.