- Auto reply messages are an essential part of customer support, and businesses need to be sure they are using the best software possible to automate these messages.
- The pros of auto reply messages include quickening response times, providing clearer communication and saving your support agents some time.
- The cons of auto reply messages include the fact that customers prefer speaking to real people, they can cause undue frustration and that they are not suitable for all situations.
- This article provides 30 auto reply message examples companies can use to improve customer support.
An automated response (also known as auto response) is a message that is automatically sent in reply to an email or other communication. The purpose of an auto response is to acknowledge receipt of the communication and may also provide information about how and when the recipient can expect a reply.
There are many situations in which an auto response may be used by your business, including when you're:
- Out of the office and will not be able to reply in a timely manner
- Unable to reply immediately but will respond as soon as possible
- Away on vacation or leave
- Experiencing an unusually high volume of communications and are unable to reply to all messages individually
Regardless, having an easy way to automate customer support can save your business time and money.
In this article, we'll cover the pros and cons of using auto-reply messages and thirty support ticket response examples you can use to improve customer support.
Auto reply pros
There may be some debate over whether automated responses are considered helpful or not, but there are certain advantages to using them. We list a few of the pros below:
Can be used to quicken response times
90% of customers rate an "immediate" response to a customer service question as "important" or "very important." An automated response can be sent almost immediately after a support ticket is created. In some cases, this may even be faster than if a support agent were to reply manually. This is especially useful for businesses that experience a high volume of support tickets or when support agents are unavailable.
By sending an automated response, you can at least let the customer know that their support ticket has been received and is being worked on.
Can be used to provide clear communication
Using an auto reply message can help to set customer expectations from the start. This is especially important if you cannot reply to support tickets immediately. For example, you can let customers know how long they can expect to wait for a response or the next steps that need to be taken. This can help to avoid any confusion or frustration on the customer's part.
Can help agents save time
As we mentioned before, automated responses can help to save time for support agents. In some cases, support agents may even be able to use a template or pre-written message when replying to support tickets. Again, this can help free up time so support agents can focus on more complex issues or tickets.
Auto reply cons
While there are some benefits to using auto reply messages, there are also some potential drawbacks that businesses should be aware of. These include:
Customers prefer speaking to people
It's important to remember that customers generally prefer speaking to people over machines, even if that means they need to wait in a queue.
In fact, 86% of consumers prefer to interact with a human agent, and 71% said they would be less likely to use a brand if it didn't have human customer service representatives available.
When you invest in auto-reply, you take away the human element of support.
Can cause frustration
Unfortunately, not all automated responses are well-received. In some cases, they can cause frustration for customers. This is often the case when support agents use generic or impersonal messages. For example, if customers receive a message that doesn't address their specific issue or question, they may become frustrated and seek support elsewhere or switch to a competitor. This is why it's so important to use auto reply messages that are personalized and relevant to the customer's inquiry.
Not suitable for all situations
While auto reply messages can be helpful for simple support tickets, they are not always suitable for more complex issues. This is because auto reply messages often cannot provide the specific information or help that customers need. For example, if a customer is experiencing a technical issue, they will likely need to speak to a support agent who can offer guidance and instructions. In these cases, assigning these tickets to an agent as soon as possible is a good idea.
30 auto reply message examples
If you've decided to use a generic auto reply message for your business, we've put together 30 support ticket response examples you may want to use. Remember, when crafting your own automated responses, it's essential to be clear, concise, and personal. If you keep these things in mind, you'll be sure to create an auto reply message that provides a positive support experience for your customers.
Thank you for contacting us
- Hi there! You've reached [company name]. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out, and one of our support team members will be in touch with you shortly.
- Thanks for getting in touch! We know how important it is to get immediate help which is why we promise to do everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.
- We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team. Don't worry — we've received your request and one of our team members will be in touch shortly.
- Hi there! Thank you for contacting us. A member of our support team has already received your request and will be back with you in a moment.
Welcoming new customers
- Welcome to [company name]! We're excited to have you on board. Our support team is here to help with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Welcome aboard! We can't wait to start working with you. If you have any questions or need support, our team is always here for you. Thank you for joining us!
- We appreciate your recent purchase and welcome you to our family of satisfied customers. You can contact us here (insert contact Information) if you have any questions or concerns.
- Welcome to the family! We're happy to have you as a customer and look forward to providing you with the best possible service. If you need any assistance, our support team is always here for you.
We're sorry for the delay
- Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry for the delay, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Thank you for reaching out to us. We're aware of the issue, and we're working on it. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.
- Great things take time, and we appreciate your patience while we work on getting back to you. We're sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
- Our support team is working hard to resolve all tickets as soon as possible. We're currently experiencing a high volume of support requests. We apologize for the delay and will get back to you as quickly as we can.
Please wait while we connect you
- Thank you for reaching out to us. Please wait while we connect you to the next available support agent.
- We know how important it is to get support as soon as possible. Please wait while we connect you with the next available support agent.
- Thank you for reaching out to us. A support agent will be with you shortly.
- We're currently experiencing a high volume of support requests. Please wait while we connect you with the next available support agent.
We're closed but we'll get back to you soon
- We're closed, but we will get back to you ASAP to address your concern. Thank you for your patience.
- Thank you for reaching out to us. We're currently closed, but we'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please check out our library of support articles (link to help center).
- We're closed now, but we'll be back soon to help you with your question or concern. Thank you for your patience! Our operating hours are (insert operating hours).
- Thank you for reaching out to us. Our support team is currently unavailable, but we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Thank you for contacting our team! We'll do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.
- Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, our chat is currently closed. For immediate support, please give us a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Opt-in auto reply
- Hi there! Thank you for opting into our newsletter. You'll start receiving exclusive content and updates from us soon. Confirm your subscription by replying with Y.
- Thank you for joining our mailing list! You'll start receiving special offers and news from us shortly. Feel free to text STOP to unsubscribe at any time.
Thank you for visiting
- Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you found what you were looking for. If not, please reach out to us and let us know how we can help.
- We're glad you stopped by our site! If there's anything we can do to help you, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your interest.
- We're so thrilled you decided to visit us online! How can we help you today? Let us know, and thanks for choosing (Your Company)! Have a Great Day.
- Thank you for contacting us! We really appreciate it. To show our appreciation, here's a coupon for 20% off your next purchase.